Recently, ExxonMobil received notification that Shell claims Mobil Delvac 1300 Super 15W-40 does not meet API CK-4 nor OEM performance expectations for the Volvo T-13 engine test. ExxonMobil wants to assure customers that Mobil Delvac 1300 Super 15W-40 carries valid OEM approvals and API CK-4 licensing, which includes passing the Volvo T-13.
ExxonMobil will diligently investigate Shell’s accusations and is well-positioned with a fundamental understanding of the Volvo T-13 engine test, as ExxonMobil provided technical leadership in the Volvo T-13 test.
Detroit Diesel has also responded to these claims, stating:
- Mobil Delvac 1300 Super 15W-40 met all of the requirements to receive an API CK-4 license.
- Mobil Delvac 1300 Super 15W-40 met all of the requirements for inclusion on Detroit Diesel’s 93K222 approved engine oil list.
- Inclusion on Detroit Diesel’s 93K222 approved engine oil list is at the sole discretion of Detroit Diesel Corporation. For further information, please see 93K222 Approved Products List.
- The Volvo T13 engine test is approved by ASTM, API, ACC, EMA, DDC, and other organizations.
- The precision statement for the Volvo T13 engine test is available in ASTM D 8048.
- The Volvo T13 engine test data for Mobil Delvac 1300 Super 15W-40 met the requirements for API CK-4 and DDC DFS 93K222.
- Any and all public claims that a Detroit Diesel-approved product does not meet Detroit Diesel specifications shall only be communicated by Detroit Diesel Corporation.
Volvo and Cummins have shared statements confirming that Mobil Delvac 1300 Super 15W-40 meets their specifications and that all approvals and certifications remain intact:
“Volvo confirmed that the Volvo VDS-4.5 and Mack EOS-4.5 approvals for Mobil Delvac 1300 Super 15W-40 remain intact based on the fully compliant data set originally submitted, which includes passing Volvo T-13 test results for oxidation and viscosity increase at the more stringent Volvo limits.”
“Cummins confirmed that Mobil Delvac 1300 Super 15W-40 continues to meet their CES 20086 requirements validated by the product’s inclusion on the CES 20086 Oil Registration List posted on Cummins QuickServe Online.”